Become an author for Akosha
We publish easy to understand, accurate and useful information for Indian consumers. If you are interested in contributing articles, sharing your experiences, or expressing an opinion, this is the place.
1. Akosha is fast establishing itself as a brand for information on consumer issues. You will get to be part of and contribute to this growth.
2. You will have a by-line and a small bio about yourself. We ensure that each article gets maximum exposure and recognition for your hard work through social media efforts on Twitter.com, Facebook etc.
3. We provide you with feedback on your article and help you work on it to make it better.
4. Writing about everyday practical consumer issues, talking to people involved like NGOs, lawyers, judges, police etc. can be very exciting and a great learning experience.
Akosha writing guidelines
1. Your article should be between 400-600 words. If the topic is vast, try to break it up into two parts, and it will appear as two separate articles.
2. Write in a simple manner, without losing the exact legal meaning or context. Do not use words that a non-lawyer would need a dictionary for.
3. Make sure that there is a proper flow in your writing – each point should lead to the next.
4. Avoid cliches. Avoid flowery language. Avoid unnecessary quotes by “great” people.
5. Use a friendly tone, conversational style. If you can give the article context by using an anecdote, it would be great.
6. Please do not plagiarize. If you are copying something, please put it in quotes and cite the source. We use www.copyscape.com for vetting all our submissions for plagiarism.
7. Please talk to sources like lawyers, NGOs etc., if needed, to present an accurate picture in your article. A lot of information on the Internet is incorrect in our experience.
8. Please feel free to ask us questions if you need to get a quick understanding of legal basics.
9. Your piece should not have been previously published in any offline or online media.
Where to send?
You can write to us at email@example.com.